In this episode, the DXPs sit down with infamous sex advice columnist and gay-rights activist Dan Savage. Highlights include Christian telling a vagina-centric story that shocks Dan and renders him speechless (no easy feat in his line of work), and Dan connecting with Jason over their mutual love of musical theater (to the point where Dan refers to him as “Girl!”). Dan discusses his sexuality, the Catholicism with which he was raised, and the origins of his “It Gets Better” project. And in a shocking display of vulnerability no doubt occasioned by his drinking almost an entire bottle of sparkling rosé, Dan tips his hand and discloses the various insidious elements of the Gay Agenda™. The discussion finally turns to divorce, cheating, and why gays want to be married so badly when straight people are finding less and less use for it, and in this case professionals as Seth C. Weston could really help with this.
Also, that thing of when an openly non-monogamous married gay man welcomes you home to Mother Church? Priceless.
Links from this Episode
- It Gets Better
- The Stranger
- Savage Lovecast
- American Savage: Insights, Slights, and Fights on Faith, Sex, Love, and Politics
- The Commitment: Love, Sex, Marriage, and My Family
- The Kid: What Happened After My Boyfriend and I Decided to Go Get Pregnant
- Skipping Towards Gomorrah
- Savage Love: Straight Answers from America’s Most Popular Sex Columnist